LION by Thorogood Rubber Insulated Firefighting Boot with Lug SoleCertified
- NFPA 1971-2013 Standard on Protective Ensemble for Structural Fire Fighting 2013 Edition
- NFPA 1992-2012 Standard on Liquid Splash-Protective Ensembles and Clothing for Hazardous Materials Emergencies
- NFPA 1500, Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program
- ASTM F 2413-11 M I/75 C/75 PR EH.
- UPPER: FLAME/HEAT RESISTING Rubber
- CONSTRUCTION: Vulcanized
- OUTSOLE: FLAME/HEAT RESISTING "Traction Lug"
- LINING: Dupont™ Kevlar® Yellow Knit One Piece Liner
- INSOLE: Removable Superknit Covered Polyurethane
- MIDSOLE: Stainless Steel Puncture Resisting Bottom Plate
- SHANK: Steel Triple Ladder Shank
- Oversized Steel Toe
- Electrical Hazard
- Double Reinforced Pull Loops
- Cushioned Shin Guard
- Light-Reflecting Instep and Heel Patches
Ratings & Reviews
Things customer service doesn't know
Do not buy your shoe size. I tried customer service at ""The Fire Store"" and they could not tell me how to buy for size or width. I had the same problem at another site by taking their advice. 1- buy the size wider than you normally wear. Both this and the next suggestion relate to the wearing of heavy socks for either cold or padding. You want to be able to put these on fast without wasting time struggling to get your feet into them. 2-Minimally half a size larger, in more cases than not, a full size larger than your shoe would be best. Half a size works with lighter socks, but may be an issue with heavier winter type ones.
"How tall are these boots?"
From the top of the boot to the bottom of the heel measures 15"", that's not counting the loop that you pull the boot on with.
"what is the weight of this boot?"
"Would this boot work for someone who needs a wide calf"
Hi Ryan, the only boot we know on the market for a wide calf is the Globe 1301400, they offer a regular or wide calf; How do you know if you require ""Wide Calf"" 14"" Globe Boots? The circumference of the regular calf boot (pull-on) is 17.5"" and of the wide calf boot is 20.5"". Measure the area around the thickest part of your calf to see which boot style is suited best for you. All Globe Boots include Snug Fit Inserts to customize your comfort level. Use this thicker insert for a snugger fit or when wearing with lighter socks. Not sure this is the answer you wanted but we have sold several pairs of these style boots and this seems to be the best way to go.
"are they 16"" tall? is it 2013 edition?"
Ivonne, from the top of the boot to the bottom of the heel measures 15"", that's not counting the loop that you pull the boot on with. Yes, these are the 2013 edition.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !