The STAL Shield, designed by Healthcare Providers for Healthcare Providers
Introducing the STAL Shield
- Revolutionary adjunct to airway management and cross contamination
- Effectively and easily improves the safety and cleanliness of medical settings
- Simple, natural adaptation to the traditional Yankauer suction wand used worldwide
- Clear construction for clear viewing of landmarks
- Single use device for each patient, size: 4.5" x 5"
The STAL Shield provides maximum protection for Healthcare workers on the front lines. Emergency management of airways is high risk for the patient and the providers. Airborne particles are created whenever the patient coughs, gags or even breathes. This risk increases whenever the patient is suctioned. The STAL Shield provides protection for the healthcare provider while they provide protection for the patient's airway. The Stal Shield is a revolutionary adjunct to airway management that effectively and easily improves the safety and cleanliness of your medical setting. The Stal Shield is a simple, natural adaptation to the traditional Yankauer suction wand used worldwide in nearly all medical fields from EMS, Emergency Rooms, Surgeries, Military, Rehabilitation, long term care and Veterinary facilities.
Problems with cross contamination or clean medical field isolation? Always!
Until now one of the major sources of contamination in the sterile/clean medical field has been from the patient in one form or another, and often requires suctioning to manage. The Stal provides you and your team with benefits that save you money, time and equipment, providing a secure solution to the all too common contamination control problems inherent in the use of the Yankauer suction instrument. Three Problems solved at once! Contamination Happens – we all know that. It’s just that it happens at the least opportune moment and usually results in the proverbial “s.n.a.f.u.” causing at least annoyance, at worst - life-threatening adverse conditions.
The Stal Shield significantly reduces contamination from the source by:
New improved packaging:
- Effectively blocking it’s trajectory.
- Keeping the contaminated Yankauer clear of the clean field
- Keeping the soiled field away from the Yankauer
- Limiting the soiling of the Yankauer to it’s distal half
- Providing significant resistance to the Yankauer being dragged off its resting surface
- Crystal clear construction allowing for unfettered visualization
- Packaged with suction tubing and yankauer as a kit
- Available as 10 kits/box or individual kit.
I did a messy arrest yesterday where the FR's had grossly over ventilated the patient causing gastric insufflations and distention resulting in a continuous flow of vomitus which was subsequently disgorged into the oral cavity and trachea / pulmonary system. With the new CPR technique of continuous compressions at 100/minute there was a staccato ejection of vomit from her mouth during airway management procedures which naturally involved much suctioning of the oro-pharynx with the Yankauer catheter and suction tubing alone.
I put the STAL on the Yankauer first and when switching to the tubing alone, transferred the STAL to the tubing. The STAL ended up covered in vomit, but still allowed visualization while blocking the pumped out matter. The point of this being that whether the patient is breathing or actively vomiting or coughing, or if that is artificially generated splash and splatter protection is required and provided effectively by the STAL Shield and Stand.