Chewable, sugar-free antacid/diarrhea relief. Soothes irritation with a protective coating action without constipating.
Unit dose, tamper-evident dual layer foil packets.
36 tablets per box.
Each tablet contains:
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262mg
Active ingredient (in each tablet):
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262mg (each tablet contains 102mg salicylate)
Upset stomach reliever/antidiarrheal
Acacia Gum, Aspartame, Calcium Carbonate, D&C red #27, Dextrates, flavoring, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide
- travelers' diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s Syndrome a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
Do not use if you have:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
Ask a doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any drug for:
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
When using this product
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue and/or stool may occur. Stool darkening should not be confused with melena.
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control center immediately.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Adults and children:
- do not take more than directed
- chew or dissolve in mouth
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration, which may accompany diarrhea
- do not exceed 16 tablets in 24 hours
(12 years and older) Chew 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour or 4 tablets every hour as needed.
Children under 12 years:
Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 1.1mg per tablet
- each tablet contains 73mg of elemental calcium
- store at room temperature 59º-86ºF (15º-30ºC)
- tamper-evident sealed packets
- do not use any opened or torn packets