Controlled by three simple, large buttons designed for gloved operation, the K55 has an intuitive user interface that allows firefighters to stay focused on the job at hand.
Purchase a K53, K55, or K65 and receive your choice of a K2 TIC Or in-truck charger
Download Mail-In Rebate Form Here: FLIR-Kx5-BONUS BUYS FLYER_USA.pdf
In the heat of the battle, a thermal imaging camera is indispensable – a vital tool that helps you quickly visualize your plan of attack, locate hot spots, and save lives. Ideally, every engine and truck company should have at least one high-performance TIC on hand. Since FLIR K-Series arrived on the scene, now that’s more feasible.
Affordable K-Series TICs offer new, easier ways to see more clearly in the darkest, smokiest environments by showing big, bright FLIR images to help you maneuver more strategically, stay better oriented, and find victims faster. With greater situational awareness, you’ll improve safety and the likelihood of successful outcomes.
Clear and Crisp Thermal Images
The maintenance free uncooled microbolometer sensor produces detail-rich thermal images at 320 x 240 pixels. Displayed on a large bright 4” LCD, K-Series images make it easier to navigate under the smokiest conditions, and help provide a more expedient way to decide on the best course of action.
FSX™ Flexible Scene Enhancement
FLIR’s proprietary FSX™ Flexible Scene Enhancement technology enhances thermal images through real-time digital processing inside the camera. These ultra sharp images show extraordinary structural, edge, and other instantly recognizable detail, making it more efficient for firefighters and rescue teams to find their way through the darkest environments, and to instantly identify targets in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
In-Camera Video Storage (K55 & K65 only)
Not only can the new FLIR K55 and the new K65 save hundreds of still images, they can record and store 200 video files in clips of 5 minutes (maximum) each.K55 and K65 videos can be useful for later analysis and are ideal for training purposes. Playback videos directly from the in-camera archive or download them to your computer via USB.
Extremely Affordable: A Thermal Imaging Camera in Every Fire Truck
FLIR develops and manufactures more thermal imaging cameras than any other company. Thanks to economies of scale, FLIR is able to offer K-Series at an extremely affordable price.
Rugged & Reliable
The K series is designed to meet tough operating conditions. It’s able to withstand a drop from 2 meters onto a concrete floor, is water resistant (IP67), and is fully operational up to +260°C/+500°F for 5 minutes.
Produce Simple Reports
Thermal images can be stored in the FLIR K-Series and later be used to produce simple reports of what happened at the scene.
Exclusive FLIR 2-5-10 Warranty
All new K-Series cameras are protected by Flir’s exclusive FLIR 2-5-10 Warranty that includes 2 years of coverage on batteries, five years on the camera, and ten years on the detector.
Imaging and Optical Data:
- IR resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Thermal sensitivity: < 30 mK @ +30°C (+86°F)
- Contrast optimization: Digital image enhancement using FSX
- Field of view (FOV) / focus: 51° × 38° / fixed focus
- Image frequency: 60 Hz
- Zoom: 2x, digital zoom
- Focal Plane Array (FPA) / Spectral range: Uncooled microbolometer / 7.5–13 µm
- Start-up time: < 17 sec. (IR-image, no GUI)
- Start-up time from sleep mode: < 4 sec.
- Image storage: Up to 200 JPEG images on internal Flash Memory (co-dependent on the number of saved video clips)
- Video storage: 200 files in total, with a maximum duration of 5 minutes per video clip
- In-camera video recording format: Non radiometric MPEG-4 to internal Flash Memory
- Display: 4” LCD, 320 × 240 pixels, backlit
- Image modes:
- IR image:
- TI Basic NFPA fire-fighting mode / Black-and-white fire-fighting mode / Fire mode
- Search-and-rescue mode / Heat detection mode
- Thumbnail gallery
- Auto-range: Yes, mode dependent
- Object temperature range: –20 °C to +150 °C / -4 °F to +302 °F, 0 °C to +650 °C / 32 °F to +1,202 °F
- Accuracy: ±4°C or ±4% of reading for ambient temperature, 10°C to 35°C / 50 °F to 95 °F
- Spotmeter: 1
- Isotherm: Yes, According to NFPA and mode dependent
- Automatic heat detection: Heat detection mode (the hottest 20% of the scene is colorized)
Data Communication Interfaces:
- Color palettes: Multiple palettes, mode dependent
- Regional adjustments: Units, date and time formats
- Interfaces: USB-mini
- USB: USB Mini-B: Data transfer to and from PC / uncompressed colorized video
- Battery: Li Ion, 4 hours operating time
- Charging system: 2-bay charger, truck charger available
- Charging time: 2 hours to 85% (3 hours and 25 minutes) capacity, charging status indicated by LED’s
- Charging temperature: 0 °C to +45 °C / 32 °F to 113 °F
- Operating temperature range: –20°C to +85°C (–4°F to +185°F) / +150°C (+302°F): 15 min / +260°C (+500°F): 5 min
- Storage temperature range: –40 °C to +85 °C (-40 °F to +185 °F)
- Humidity (operating and storage): IEC 60068-2-30/24 h 95% relative humidity +25ºC to + 40ºC (+77ºF to +104ºF) / 2 cycles
- Relative humidity: 95% relative humidity +25ºC to + 40ºC (+77ºF to +104ºF) non-condensing
- Certified according to NFPA 1801:2013 specification:
- Impact acceleration resistance
- Viewing surface abrasion
- Heat resistance
- Heat and flame
- Product label durability
- EN 61000-6-2:2005 (Immunity)
- EN 61000-6-3:2011 (Emission)
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15B (Emission)
- Magnetic fields: EN 61 000-4-8, Test level 5 for continuous field (severe industrial environment)
- Encapsulation: IP 67 (IEC 60529)
- Shock: 25 g (IEC 60068-2-27)
- Vibration: 2 g (IEC 60068-2-6)
- Drop: 2.0 m / 6.6 ft., on concrete floor (IEC 60068-2-31)
- Safety (power supply): CE/EN/UL/CSA/PSE 60950-1
- Camera weight, incl. battery: <1,1 kg / 2.4lb
- Camera size: <120 mm L × 125 mm W × 280 mm H / <4.7 x 4.9 x 11”
- Tripod mounting: UNC ¼”-20
- Battery (2 ea.)
- Battery charger
- Hard transport case
- Power supply
- Printed documentation
- USB cable
- Lanyard strap
- Neck strap
- Retractable lanyard