Bayer's CONTOUR Kit is intended for self-testing by people with diabetes and patient testing by healthcare professionals to monitor glucose concentrations in whole blood.
The simple, post-meal reminder of Bayer's CONTOUR® blood glucose meter was shown to help insulin users achieve success in changing testing behaviors. Featuring (1) CONTOUR Glucometer and (1) Test Strip Bottle, this easy-to-use CONTOUR® blood glucose meter delivers proven accuracy to help you manage your diabetes. The simple, optional tracking features make it easier to test around mealtime. With personalized HI/LO settings, you can set personal glycemic targets to help reduce glycemic fluctuations. With No Coding™ Technology, there are fewer steps for less chance of inaccurate results.
- No coding required
- Insert the test strip and test your blood glucose level — it's that simple
- Identify trouble spots with personalized HI/LO target range and summary of your blood glucose test results
- See effect of food choices on your blood glucose levels with pre-meal and post-meal markers
- No Coding™ technology eliminates inaccurate blood glucose test results due to user miscoding
- 7, 14, and 30 day averages of your blood glucose levels
- Small sample size
- 5 second readings
- Alternate site testing
CONTOUR® strip technology ensures user accuracy.1,2
No Coding™ technology
PRE- AND POST-MEAL MARKERS
CONTOUR®'s pre- and post-meal markers and test reminder, with 7, 14, and 30 day averages, help patients understand and monitor their postprandial plasma glucose (PPG). PPG is an important glycemic target and contributes significantly to overall glycemia in patients with an A1C level equal to or below 8.4%.1-5
PROGRAMMABLE HI/LO SETTINGS
Personalized target ranges and test result summary help patients identify trouble spots such as hypoglycemia. The ADA guidelines recommend that for non-pregnant adults glycemic goals should be individualized based on:6
- Duration of diabetes
- Age/life expectancy
- Comorbid conditions
- Known CVD or advanced microvascular complications
- Hypoglycemia unawareness
- Individual patient considerations
With the CONTOUR® programmable HI/LO settings, the meter can be personalized to account for unique monitoring needs.
With 99.3% accuracy, the CONTOUR® meter meets International Organization for Standardization accuracy requirements. (ISO15197:2003) CONTOUR® features were designed to reduce sources of error:
- No Coding™ technology
- No interference with maltose, galactose, oxygen, or many other common interfering substances†
- Automatic hematocrit correction‡
- 1 AACE. Endocr Pract. 2007;13(suppl):3-68.
- 2 IDF. Guideline for management of postmeal glucose. 2007.
- 3 Monnier L et al. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:881-885.
- 4 Monnier L, Colette C. Curr Diab Rep. 2008;8:368-374.
- 5 Karter AJ, Ackerson LM, Darbinian JA, et al. Self-monitoring of blood glucose levels and glycemic control: the northern California kaiser permanente diabetes registry. Am J Med. 2001;111:1–9.
- 6 ADA. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:S11-S61.
- 7 Bayer's CONTOUR® test strips with GDH-FAD chemistry cross-react with xylose. Do not use CONTOUR® test strips during or shortly after a xylose absorption test.
- † Such as ascorbic acid and acetaminophen.
- ‡ From 0% to 70%.
This product(s) is classified as a Medical Device which is regulated by the FDA. This product may have regulations or restrictions in some states. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine and comply with all applicable federal, state or local laws.