Firefighters face significant risks today, not only during response but after the call as well.CrewProtect is a plug-and-play solution for new or in-service trucks that easily mounts to the roof, wall, or doghouse and connects to standard truck power, drawing only 2 amps
After leaving a fire, personnel, clothing, and equipment are contaminated with cancer-causing particulate soot and some items will continue to off-gas VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that can be inhaled for up to 45 minutes. In addition, medical responses and close quarters in apparatus, increase the chance for exposure to a range of bacterial and viral threats.
A Comprehensive and Simple Solution
Unlike competitive products that address only one or two threats, CrewProtect attacks all three significant problems for firefighters including Particulates, VOCs, and Aerosols carrying bacteria and viruses (including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19).
CrewProtect is a comprehensive and simple solution to help protect first responders from the multiple harmful and carcinogenic airborne contaminants that other filtration systems miss.
CrewProtect is a unique, self-contained, and comprehensive air filtration system for enclosed apparatus cabs that protects first responders from multiple threats they face each day. CrewProtect can be easily installed into new or existing apparatus by OEM’s, apparatus dealers, or apparatus service shops.
TFT has partnered with their sister company, Purafil – one of the largest air filtration companies in the world – to integrate proven and patented filtration technology into CrewProtect. Similar filtration systems are used globally today in hospitals, industrial sites, schools, telecom, energy sites, agriculture, and food production.
CrewProtect is protecting whenever the apparatus is in use. It is filtering the air in the average cab every 3.5 minutes, which exceeds the air exchange rate of “clean rooms” and operating rooms in hospitals!
As it purifies the air, it is removing two of the greatest contributors to firefighter cancer: particulates and VOCs. In addition, it removes aerosols carrying viruses and bacteria.
How It Works
- Mounts In Vehicle
- Connects To Truck Power
- Automatically Runs When The Truck Is Operating
- Removes Particulates, VOCs, & Aerosols Carrying Bacteria & Viruses
- Pre-filter: Traps dust, pollen, and other large particulate matter.
- PuraWard Fibers: A high-efficiency filter protected by an embedded micro-technology containing an EPA registered antimicrobial additive using copper and silver ions to combat many bacteria and viruses†.
- Molecular Filtration: Patented§ molecular filtration media removes aerosols carrying viruses from the air, safely oxidizing the molecules, while removing toxic and harmful gases.
- HEPA Final Filter: Captures PM0.3, PM2.5, and other particulates, allergens, bacteria, and viruses.
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 20 x 12” = ~0.65 ft3 | 115 x 508 x 305 mm = ~0.65 ft3
- Power Draw: 12Vdc or 24Vdc @ 2A (~50W max)
- Noise: 60 dB
- Air Flow (3.5 Minutes to Cycle Air): 100 CFM | 2832 l/m
- Filter: Single Filter, Multi-threat (Particulates, VOCs, Aerosols Carrying Bacteria and Viruses)
- Filter Life Indicator: Color LED Light, RFID Technology
- Filter Life: 1,800 Hours Active Usage or 4380 Hours of Intermittent Usage
- Enclosure Material: Charcoal Grey Powder Coated Steel