Rugged, Low Profile Splint For Extremities And Pelvic BindingThe RISE™ (Rigid Immobilization System for Extremities) is a rugged, low-profile, splint for extremity fractures and pelvic binding in the prehospital environment.
Born from lessons on the battlefield, it can be intuitively applied under stress to create a straight splint, 90-degree splint, or pelvic binder. It can be easily secured to the patient with items such as an elastic wrap or pressure bandage.
It features dynamic living hinges that allow the splint to collapse for maximum portability and kit space savings while easily form-fitting to the required shape and dimensions for proper upper and lower extremity splinting of fractures. With its compact size, the RISE™ fits into most individual first aid kits including all standard military-issued IFAKs.
Unique to the RISE™, multiple cutout slots provide you the capability to create a pelvic binder when paired with a windlass or ratcheting tourniquet such as our new SOF® Tourniquet. The Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) recognizes splinting and pelvic binding application as a critical step to prevent additional injury before moving a casualty.
The one-of-a-kind design is made of a lightweight polymer capable of withstanding surface cleaning and harsh elements, including saltwater while maintaining its rigidity and durability. Whether you’re on the battlefield or a responder here at home, the RISE™ is an advantageous addition to any IFAK for increasing your medical capability at the point of injury when needed most.
- Dynamic Living Hinges: Pre-formed folding points for form-fitting to the required shape & dimension while minimizing size for storage versatility.
- Pelvic Binder Slots: Unique cutout slots provide you the ability to create a pelvic binder in conjunction with a windlass or ratcheting tourniquet.
- Securing Snaps: Allow you to bend and lock the RISE into place for the 90-degree applications.
- Lightweight Polymer Construction: The material maintains its strength and rigidity without fail, even after refolding multiple times.
- Compact Folding: The pre-formed folding points allow for compact storage, even smaller when shrink-wrapped, so it can fit into virtually any size IFAK.
- Screen Printed Instructions: Instructions for all 3 splinting application styles, printed directly on the surface so you always have them when needed.
- Folded: 6.25"W x 4"L x 1"D
- Open Flat: 32"L x 6.25"W
- Weight: 4oz
- Made in the USA
- Radiolucent (Excludes Snaps)
- Blood & Chemical Resistant
- FDA Registered