The SAM® Splint is the gold standard in splints.
SAM Splint Jr., 18" Blue/Orange, Single
Acclaimed by emergency care providers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide (and even beyond the Earth, on NASA space shuttles).
Built from a thin core of aluminum alloy and sandwiched between two layers of closed-cell foam, the SAM Splint can be bent into any of three simple curves, becoming extremely strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb. The SAM Splint is incredibly lightweight (only 4.0 oz.), and no other device offers so many variations for the treatment of orthopedic emergencies.
The SAM Splint has been the standard for 25 years!
Features and Benefits:
- Lightweight and compact
- Fastens in place with tape or wrap of choice; no extra equipment is needed
- Not affected by extreme temperatures or altitudes
- Closed-cell foam allows easy cleaning and disinfection; material compatible with all standard cleaning solutionsM
- Provides added stability for all limbs including the neck
- Latex Free
The SAM® SPLINT is based on an ancient construction principle: curves are strong. The reason lies in the physics of curved surfaces, the same physics that allows skyscrapers and bridges to be built of I-beams and hollow columns rather than heavy steel pillars. A flat piece of sheet metal bends easily, but if you mold it into any of several "structural curves," it becomes much more rigid. Many such curves are possible, but for splinting with the SAM® SPLINT, you need only three basic curves. With these, you can convert a simple SAM® SPLINT into something so strong that people have even used it as an emergency canoe paddle or snow shovel. That's more than strong enough for any conceivable splinting need.
At the same time, the SAM® SPLINT is extremely moldable, and soft enough to cut with ordinary household scissors. The result: with the proper choice of curves outlined in the training guide, almost any bone in the body can be splinted. It's even possible to use the SAM® SPLINT to create an emergency cervical collar for neck injuries.
Who uses the SAM® splint?
From outer space to the depths of the ocean, in all conditions of weather and terrain, the SAM® SPLINT is the emergency splint of choice for:
- EMS personnel
- Military medics
- Athletic trainers
- Ski patrols
- Wilderness rescue teams
- Outdoor adventurers
- Safety engineers
- Standard: 4.25" x 36"; 4oz; roll and flatfold (Orange/Blue or Charcoal)
- XL: 5.5" X 36"; 5.9oz; flatfold (Orange/Blue)
- Junior: 4.25" x 18"; 2.4oz; flatfold (Orange/Blue)
- Wrist: 4.25" x 9"; 1.1oz; flatfold (Orange/Blue or Charcoal)
- Finger: 1.8" x 3.75"; 0.2oz; flatfold (Orange/Blue only)
- Standard: Individual, case of 60
- XL: Individual, case of 32
- Junior: Individual, case of 24
- Wrist: Individual, 10/Pack, case of 60
- Finger: Individual, 10/Pack, case of 300
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !