Similar flame, heat and chemical resistant properties to Nomex® brand Meta-Aramid at a fraction of the price.
- Extra Long Double ply hood throughout
- 3" wide panel for contoured fit
- XL length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
The Lenzing FR provides exceptional softness, breathability and moisture management properties by wicking moisture away from your skin to the outside of the fabric where it can rapidly evaporate keeping you dry and comfortable. The end result is a fabric with similar comfort, and flame resistance of the extremely popular Nomex®/Lenzing FR® blend fabric at a lower price point.
The High Tenacity Nylon not only enhances durability but also increases the fabrics arc resistance – Ara-Tek FR™ ATPV is 10.7 (Level 2) versus Nomex/Lenzing FR® ATPV of 8.8 (Level 2), which computes to a little over 20% higher ATPV rating. Ara-Tek FR™ hoods provide exceptional comfort, durability, and protection against flame, heat and arc at an affordable price.
Other properties of Ara-Tek FR™ include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Exceptional wear life
- Best value. Lowest initial cost, combined with long wear life
- Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
- Softer and better stretch and recovery than other hoods
- Lightweight – 6 oz. /sq. yd.
- Natural off-white color
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 10.7 HRC 2
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Meets CAL-OSHA Requirementsâ€¨
- Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Both outer shell and lining are a blend of Meta-Aramid/Lenzing FR®/High Tenacity Nylon - approx. 6 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 504 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Composed of two layers throughout with a 3” wide Sure-Fit™ panel for improved comfort, fit and performance.
- For a contoured fit the hood is seamed from top of face opening to bottom back.
- Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
- Gusset added at side seams to provide complete shoulder coverage and smoother drape.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 12".
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 17".
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19½".
- Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20".
|Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)||10.7|
|Thermal Protective Performance|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||28.1|
|Initial (inches)||0 x 0|
|Warp (wales) x Fill (Courses)|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||0 x 0|
|Initial (inches)||1.4 x 1.4|
|After 5 washings (inches)||1.3 x 1.2|
|Fabric Burst Strength (N)||365.3|
|Seam Burst Strength (N)||722.1|
|Heat and Thermal Shrinkage|
|After 5 washings||1.50%|
|Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||29|
|Melt or Drip when exposed to flame||None|
- One size hood fits all.
- Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS INDUSTRY STANDARDS:
- UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971- Current Edition; European standard 13911-June 2008 (CE marked to EC directive 89/686/EEC); Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269; Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. Arc Rating: 10.7 - Hazard Risk Category - 2
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !