Comfort PlusTM hoods offer 18% better thermal resistance than their 100% Nomex® counterpart.
- Material: COMFORT PLUS™ – Nomex® (Meta-Aramid)/Lenzing FR®
- Double ply hood, with extra long double ply bib
- Longer length for maximum coverage
- Tapered back and notched shoulders enable bib to lie flat on back and front
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Label is sewn down on all four sides for comfort and permanency
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
- Recommended for STRUCTURAL FIRE FIGHTING as well as other industries which require protection from flash fire, radiant heat, electric arc or cold weather.
Other properties of the fabric include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Excellent thermal resistance – 33.6 TPP rating after five washings
- Excellent comfort. Lightweight and soft, no itch or irritation
- Excellent moisture management – wicks moisture away from skin keeping you drier and more comfortable
- Keeps you cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments
- Low initial cost
- Long wear life
- Off-white color
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 8.8 HRC 2 (On double ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Meets CAL-OSHA Requirementsâ€¨Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Outer shell is a blend of Nomex®/(Meta-Aramid)/Lenzing FR® - approx. 6 oz sq yd.
- Lining is Comfort Plus™ – approx. 6 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Composed of two layer top and bib.
- Top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumferece of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength.
- Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½"-wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods.) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 11"
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15"
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19"
|Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)||8.8|
|Thermal Protective Performance|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||33.9|
|Initial (inches)||0 x 0|
|Warp (wales) x Fill (Courses)|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||0 x 0|
|Initial (inches)||1.6 x 1.8|
|After 5 washings (inches)||1.7 x 1.8|
|Fabric Burst Strength (N)||395.2|
|Seam Burst Strength (N)||727.6|
|Heat and Thermal Shrinkage|
|After 5 washings||.30%|
|Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||29|
|Melt or Drip when exposed to flame||None|
- One size fits all
- Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete user’s information guide.
- Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
- UL Classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971-Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA. Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 8.8 - Hazard/Risk Category - 2