IV Training Arm or Hand Replacement Veins
The Simulaids IV Training Arm and Hand units are designed to train personnel in procedures and techniques in starting IVs and venipuncture. The student can palpate the arm and hand, which are made of a supple PVC material that replicates the texture and feel of human skin. When the vein is located and the needle inserted, blood may be drawn or fluid injected. Both the Arm and Hand are made to withstand repeated use.
Replacing IV Veins
1. Remove skin and loosen tubing.
2. Clip tubing, leaving about an inch (1") protruding from each hole.
3. Insert one of the supplied connectors into the end of each piece of tubing that is left protruding from the IV unit.
4. Cut the new tubing to the correct length between connectors.
5. Slip new tubing onto connectors.
6. Replace skin.
7. Palpate the veins to make sure they are positioned in the channel on the arm or hand.