Verify that your meter and test strips are functioning properly with Life Scan's OneTouch Ultra® Control Solution
OneTouch Ultra® Control Solution contains a known amount of glucose and is used to check that the meter and the test strips are working properly.
Do a control solution test:
- To practice the test process without having to use blood
- Once a week to check your meter
- Whenever you open a new vial of test strips
- If you suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly
- If you are repeatedly getting unexpected blood sugar results
- If you drop or damage your meter
- Use only OneTouch Ultra® Control Solution with your OneTouch UltraMini® or OneTouch Ultra®2 Meter.
- Control solution tests must be done at room temperature (68°F–77°F). Make sure your meter, test strips, and control solution are at room temperature before testing.
- OneTouch Ultra® Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- OneTouch Ultra®2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- OneTouch UltraSmart® Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- OneTouch UltraMini® Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- OneTouch Ping® Glucose Management System
- OneTouch UltraLink® Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- Do not swallow control solution—it is not for human consumption.
- Do not apply control solution to the skin or eyes as it may cause irritation.