Field Day-Date 1820 Series
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
- Function: TimeDate
- Movement (technology): Quartz
- Case diameter (mm): 42.00 (47mm case for Black/Black Leather with Rivets)
- Case material: Stainless Steel brushed
- Case back: Screwed Crown: Security Screw-On
- Crystal/Glass material: Sapphire glass anti reflective coating
- Water resistance (m/ft/atm): 200 / 600 / 20
- Strap/Bracelet material: Genuine Leather
- Illumination: Night Vision Tubes (25 years)
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
- 1822: Black Dial, White Markings, Steel Bracelet
- 1827: Ivory Dial, Black Markings, Brown Leather Strap w/ Ivory Stitching
- 1828: Black Dial, White Markings, Black Leather Strap w/ Ivory Stitching
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches use provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.