F-35 Lightning II 9380 Series, 45mm with Black Dial, Orange Markings and Steel Bracelet
Like the fifth-generation stealth fighter jets they are named for, the F-35 Lightning II Flight Calculation/Chronograph are amazing pieces of machinery. Each watch features a bidirectional rotating bezel with a black aluminum slide rule ring and a dial ring with tachymetric scale. When used in conjunction with the chronograph, the tachymeter indicates rates of speed-in kilometers, miles, or nautical miles per hour. The slide rule bezel can be used to calculate distances, flight times and fuel consumption. These watches are certain to become Essential Gear for those who need the ability to make quick calculations on the go-or vital aviation calculations when survival depends on it.
- Swiss made
- Function: Chrono Big Date
- Illumination: Night Vision Tubes (25 years)
- Size/Diameter: 44 mm
- Water Resistance: 200 m, 20 ATM, 660 ft, individually tested
- Movement: Quartz
- Battery/Battery Life: 395/54 month
- Case: 316L stainless steel brushed
- Bezel: 316L stainless steel brushed with black aluminum ring, bidirectional turning bezel
- Case back: 316L stainless steel brushed, screwed
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, single anti-reflective coated
- Crown: 316L stainless steel brushed, screwed
- Height: 12.5 mm
- Weight: 100 g w/leather band, 200 g w/ bracelet
with Black Leather Strap with Orange Stitching
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.