P-38 Lightning Valjoux Automatic Chronograph 9460 Series, 44mm, Black Dial, Ivory Markings, Black Leather Strap
First conceived in 1937, the twin-boomed P-38 was the most innovative plane of its day and the ultimate weapon, combining speed with unheard-of advances: two supercharged engines and a potent mix of four 50-caliber machine guns and a 20mm cannon The P-38 Lightning had a unique and compelling design and the watches pay homage to this industrial pre-war design with their cushion shaped stainless steel case, and dial font pulled directly from the instruments in the plane cockpit. The P-38 is available in Day/Date or Chronograph movements. The Day/Date model has a secondary hour hand that can be set to a second time zone (or to GMT time).
The 9461 tribute to Lockheed Martin’s legendary twin-boomed WWII fighter jet has vintage inspired styling with a black dial with ivory markings, a black leather strap and Valjoux 7750, Automatic Chronograph movement.
Light Tube Colors:
- Swiss made
- Illumination: Night Vision Tubes (25 years)
- Size/Diameter: 44 mm
- Water Resistance: 200 m, 20 ATM, 660 ft, individually tested
- Movement: Valjoux 7750, Automatic Chronograph
- Case: 316L stainless steel brushed with black aluminum ring, fixed
- Bezel: 316L stainless steel brushed with black aluminum ring,
- Case back: 316L stainless stain brushed, screw down
- Glass: Sapphire glass, single antireflective coated
- Crown: Security Screw-On
- Height: 14 mm
- Weight: 123 g
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
- Bezel LLT: Green
- LLT on Dial 12H: Ice Blue
- LLT on Dial 1-11H: Yellow
- LLT on Hour hand: Yellow
- LLT on Minute hand: Yellow
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.