Authorized for Navy Use, First Line Gear for Elite Maritime Commandos
For over 20 years,
Luminox has partnered with the world’s toughest maritime commandos to continuously hone and refine a watch tough enough and useful enough to be considered “first line gear” for the finest warriors. Luminox has taken the lessons of the past and the refinement capable in the present to develop their toughest and most specifically designed essential piece of timekeeping gear to date, the ANU (Authorized for Navy Use) watch series.
If you have an essential mission then use authorized essential gear, ANU by Luminox.
- Swiss Made
- Constant glow for up to 25 years in any light condition
- Size/Diameter: 45mm
- Water Resistance: 200 meters, 20 ATM, 660 feet, individually tested
- Movement: RONDA 715 Lith HH6
- Battery/Battery life: CR2060 / 10 years *
- Case: 316L stainless steel PVD black with crown protection
- Bezel: 316L stainless steel, unidirectional turning bezel, at 12h fitted with colored tube with
- sapphire crystal
- Case back: 316L stainless steel
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, single antireflective coated
- Crown: 316L stainless steel PVD black, screwed
- Height: 13mm
* Due to the additional weight of the LLTs on the watch hands, battery life may be shorter
In World War II,
during the era of Frogmen and beach landings under fire, if a piece of diving gear wasn’t on the ANU list, you didn’t use it. In the early 1960s these Frogmen evolved into the most elite maritime commandos - the U.S. Navy SEALs. The ANU list of equipment provided these Frogmen of the past and the Navy SEALs of today with a sense of security that their gear would work when needed. It is with this same intent that Luminox named these newly developed watches, the ANU series.
Luminox honors the legacy
of these special operators by designing a watch that was conceived with a compilation of their input over the years, and is now manufactured in a manner that leverages the most advanced technology possible. This effort has resulted in a watch that functions perfectly in any environment, having performed under the toughest conditions and in the harshest environments during testing by these maritime commandos. No matter what environment you might find yourself in, you can be comforted knowing these watches have been there before on these elite warriors. Whether under the SEA, in the AIR, or on LAND; whether in high pressure or low pressure, day or night, the ANU series watches from Luminox will serve you well and function perfectly. Luminox is honored to have been asked to create this latest series for these elite warriors.
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.