Therapeutic hypothermic induction requires near-freezing saline solution, which is no longer an issue, thanks to Engel freezers.
The use of “induced hypothermia” has shown great promise in the emergency treatment of cardiac arrest victims.
Engel offers the most extensive line of portable refrigeration units for the emergency medical market can fit in literally any emergency vehicle, from a fully equipped ambulance to the chief’s cruiser. This fridge-freezer is FDA registered and will maintain any temperature from 0° to 113°, despite changes in ambient temperature.
The Engel cool is also ideal for the storage and transport of vaccines, medications and IV saline that require controlled refrigeration. Vaccines like varicella and the swine flu vaccine must be maintained at specific temperatures and are commonly stored and transported by health department nurses in Engel freezers. Portable Engel freezers allow medical professionals to maintain the cold chain from office to car to outreach clinic and back.
The MD14F is efficient, portable and easy to get into to. It will keep contents ice-cold (or even frozen) when plugged in to your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket. It's compact and fits on the floor or seat of practically any car or truck. A convenient top lid makes it easy to grab cold fluids or medication.
The MD14F Fridge-Freezer features
- 12V DC only
- Optional AC Converter Available
- Easy Access Flip-Top in Lid
- 100% CFC-Free Compressor Powered
- Reliable Cooling Independent from Ambient
- Vibration Resistant
- Compact, Lightweight and Quiet
- Grey in color with dark grey lid
- Shoulder Strap
- Owner's manual included
- Service manual can be downloaded at www.engel-usa.com
- Volume: 15 Qt
- Power consumption: Variable from 0.87-3.15 Amps (12V DC)
- Power options: 12V/24V DC / 110V AC (with optional power adapter):
- Outer Case Material: ABS Plastic
- Internal Dimensions: 13.75" x 7.5" x 8.2"
- External Dimensions: 17.5" x 11.3" x 15.8"
- Weight: 26 lbs
- Warranty Info: 2 Years