Cost-effective—and just plain effective! PDA Baby satisfies practically every training need for post-neonatal pediatric care.
Introduce emergency Pediatric care to students…or challenge experienced staff with scenarios they rarely see.
The affordable, yet remarkably effective electronically controlled STAT Baby trainer allows you to create and control realistic patient scenarios, and even change physiology on the fly during a training session. Spontaneous breathing and realistic heart, lung, and voice sounds add to the realism for more effective training. The included PDA and dedicated Simulaids STAT software, which is installed on both the PDA and your PC, makes it easy to manage every step of the training process and the information it generates, even long after training is completed. The new Manikin Data Editor
(MDE) program lets you set up and implement standardized training sessions from an extremely wide range of possible scenarios. Additional features of the MDE allow you to easily create and manage lists of students, record and edit session data, and archive or print records, as you desire. This surprisingly cost-effective simulator can extend your training budget in a variety of ways.
- A full-featured Simulaids STAT Baby in active electronic format; with heart, lung, voice, & breathing sounds
- Uses same proven PDA programming and controls as Simulaids STAT adult patient trainers
- Includes dedicated Palm® PDA and new Manikin Data Editor software to standardize training and collect session data for later review
- Lets instructor subtly change physiology, even during training, to further challenge a student’s assessment skills
- Synchs with a Windows PC for later editing and analysis of sessions and management of archived data and student lists
- Affordable, effective trainer stretches your budget with low-cost replacement parts for areas that are “treated” the most.
PDA STAT Baby includes an electronically controlled active STAT Baby, Palm® PDA with software, crib with waterproof surface, 6 ft. tether assembly, blood pressure cuff, and more .
Fully portable. For EMS training where it means most. Take your ALS training out of the classroom and into your students’ environment. PDA STAT Simulators can be used to virtually anywhere, to simulate the kind of situations and external stress factors that are such a critical part of emergency medical treatment. These trainers not only work in the field, the specialized applications in Simulaids’ dedicated Palm OS control units allow you to more effectively evaluate students’ knowledge, skill levels, and critical thinking abilities...during and after the session.
In addition to improving the efficacy of your training programs, STAT Patient Simulators can substantially improve the efficiency of managing and utilizing the data they generate. And because the most “used” areas on the Simulaids manikin are easily and inexpensively replaced, your durable, dependable Simulaids PDA STAT Baby can be put to work for years to come.
Designed—and Guaranteed—to last. This Specialty Electronic Trainer comes backed by Simulaids’ excellent 3-year Factory Warranty. against manufacturing or material defects. Plus you can purchase an additional 2 year Extended Warranty—for a total of 5 years—at a surprisingly affordable cost.
Pediatric skills are challenged by this Simulaids patient simulator. The STAT Baby provides a realistic tactile and heft experience, along with multiple features for ALS training. The STAT Baby manikin represents a 9-month-old and weighs 18 lbs. for surprisingly lifelike handling. Features include: LMA & ET capable airway with tongue edema and laryngospasm; nasal intubation; left side chest tube insertion; tension pneumothorax reduction bilaterally; seven pulse points (pairs at carotid, femoral, brachial, plus L radial); IV access in right side antecubital, dorsal hand, and left saphenous pedal; I/O access in right leg; and four lead monitoring with defibrillation at 20 joules; Foley cath insertion (female); rectal medication access; and NG tube functions. Set includes IV vein replacement kit, 12 replacement I/O leg bones, 4 pneumothorax pads, a 4-lead ECG Simulator with defib adapters, pulse bulb, reservoir bags, blood powder, two sets of replacement arm and leg skins, two syringes, and a carry bag.
Includes the standard No. 350 STAT Baby with all its standard features:
- Special new skin enhances tactile involvement
- 18 lb. weight mimics a real-life 9-month-old
- 4-lead ECG simulator included
- 7 pulse points
- I/O leg
- 3 IV sites
- PICC access site
- IM/SQ injection sites
- Advanced intubation head with tongue edema and laryngospasm
- Pneumothorax reduction bilaterally
- Chest tube insertion (left side only)
- 4-lead monitoring
- Rectal medication
- Urinary catheterization
- Very life-like new skin material
- Replacement parts
- Accepts LMA, ET, OPA, NPA, and LT airways
Plus the PDA Baby includes these additional features:
- Fully enclosed crib with water proof surface
- 6’ tether assembly allows the baby to be handled
- Aneroid blood pressure cuff
- Sternal retraction
- Heart sounds
- Lung sounds
- Voice sounds
- Spontaneous breathing
- Dedicated Palm OS PDA with HotSynch cable/cradle (Actual equipment supplied may vary.)
- Stimulaids STAT software for both PDA & your own Windows PC
- Stimulaids Manikin Data Editor (MDE) software for your PC
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Pentium® class computer
- MS Windows® 98 or higher
- 50 mg. space available on hard drive
PALM PDA REQUIREMENTS**:
- Palm OS version 3.5 to 5.4
- Recommended models: m125, m130, Zire 21, Zire 31, Tungsten E2
**In addition to the PDA included with your STAT Manikin, STAT PDA software may also be used with any Palm OS PDAs meeting these requirements.
Choose PDA STAT Baby, with or without the Extended Warranty.
PDA STAT Baby No. 401
Product Code: RR-401
Extended Warranty for PDA STAT Baby.