Now NFPA Certified, 1977.
True North’s mid-sized fire pack has the capacity to carry extra gear for those long days in the brush. Includes Fusee pockets, your choice of a removable Fire Shelter Case for Wildland or a SAR case, side pockets able to hold two one-liter bottles, and there's room for lots more water in the 100oz (3L) hydration system pocket. You supply the reservoir you like best. The Spitfire’s modular design lets you take it all with you when you're working the line, or carry only the basics when you can safely leave the rest behind.
- Thick ¾” Dual Density Foam Padding in waist belt and shoulder harness. The soft inner layer of foam molds to your body while the firm outer layer of foam provides extra support. (Can you say “Ahhhhh!”?)
- A Bigger Hydration Pocket with rigid plastic divider next to main gear pocket so reservoirs slide in and out easily
- Zippered Side Pockets large enough to hold two one-quart water bottles, and six fusees. Now you don’t have to worry about ash, dirt, or losing bottles
SCS™—Super Compression Suspension makes it better on your back. With their low center of gravity and no-bounce construction, and dual density foam padding, these well-engineered packs feel virtually weightless. True North’s patented load-trapping design attaches the shoulder straps to the OUTSIDE edge of the pack, so the load is pulled in and held securely against you. This puts the pack's center of gravity as close as possible to your own. Load-trapping design allows the pack to follow your movement without hesitation, no swinging, no bouncing.
- Spitfire Mid-Sized Gear Bag (15" x 10" x 7.5")
- 100oz (3L) Hydration pocket (reservoir not included)
- SCS™ patented load-trapping suspension
- 3/4" dual density foam padding in hip belt & harness
- Wildland Configuration, only: Removable New Generation Fire Shelter Case, No-Swing design, flaps covering all zippers, attaches to pack or belt (fire shelter not included)
- SAR Configuration, only: SAR Case with D-Ring attachment
- 2 Zippered Side Pockets hold 32oz./1-liter bottles (bottles not included) or other necessary items
- 12 Fusee carrying capacity
- Flaps covering all zippers
- Interior mesh organizer pockets
- Lifetime Warranty: All True North products are backed by the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Choose Small or Standard Size Harness and Waistbelt for best fit. (See Harness and Waist Belt Measurements Chart below. Most people will use the standard size.)
- Dimensions: 15” x 10” x 7.5”
- Capacity: 2250 cu in
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Materials: 1000D Cordura®, Nylon Webbing, #10 & #8 YKK® Zipper, Nylon Webbing, Nylon Hardware, 3M™ Reflective Tape
Certified NFPA 1977. All of the fabric, fasteners, webbing, zippers, and other hardware used in True North products are designed to meet or exceed NFPA 1977, 2005 edition Specifications; as well as US Forest Service specifications for fireline packs 5100-605 and 5100-86B.
||Over 5’ tall
||Under 5’ tall
Measure around hips, covering the pelvic bone in front. Keep tape level. Read circumference in inches.
|29” - 48”
||23” – 32”