Waterproof, breathable, comfortable protection. BBP-resistant EMS Parka includes a separate Polar Fleece liner/jacket…and the features professionals want most.
Adaptive 3-in-1 design with removable Polar Fleece Liner. This versatile jacket keeps you comfortable and protected in all kinds of conditions.
Features silver reflective trim with lime yellow accent edging for superior visibility. Windproof, waterproof, breathable BioTex Barrier Fabric used in the outer shell has been independently tested to the ASTM F 1671 Test Method for resistance to penetration by Blood Borne Pathogens. Despite its soft feel, BioTex is tough enough to take the rugged use that EMS professionals deal with on a day-to-day basis. This soft, comfortable, lightweight fabric and the Medix Parka’s hip-length coverage provides an effective barrier against all types of inclement weather, while still allowing hot, humid air to escape. The Medix 3-in-1 includes a removable Polar Fleece liner/jacket that can be zipped-in for extra warmth, or worn separately as a comfortable, lightweight station jacket.
- Soft, lightweight BioTex Barrier Fabric shell is proven resistant to blood borne pathogens
- Silver reflective trim with lime yellow accent edging provides excellent visibility in any light.
- Concealable waterproof hood stows under yoke on back of jacket
- A variety of spacious pockets can store your radio and so much of your lifesaving gear
- Removable Polar Fleece Liner / Jacket included—zip into parka for extra warmth; or use separately as a comfortable, lightweight station jacket.
Outer Parka Features:
- Bio Tex Waterproof / breathable shell fabric.
- Large two-way fleece lined cargo pockets with tool holders and flap closure.
- Radio pocket on right chest and patch pocket on left chest with integral glove pocket.
- Athletic cut sleeves for greater comfort and mobility.
- Microphone tabs on both shoulders.
- Concealable, waterproof hood stows under yoke on back of jacket.
- Silver reflective trim with Lime Yellow accent edging for excellent visibility in any light
Removable Polar Fleece Liner/Jacket. The versatile dual-purpose liner can be zipped into the outer shell for extra warmth, or worn by itself as a comfortable, lightweight, water-resistant jacket on cool days or around the station on cold ones.
Fleece Liner/Jacket Features:
- 200 Series water-resistant Polar Fleece outer fabric
- Silver reflective trim with lime yellow accent edging around chest and waist
- Slash hand-warmer pockets with hook & loop closures
- Full-zip front becomes a soft turtleneck for added protection against the elements
- Comfort fit knit cuffs
- Elasticized drawcord waistband with barrel clips
Law Enforcement, EMS & Fire Service Garments on the Cutting Edge.
Gerber Outerwear combines the latest technological advances in fabrics and construction methods with almost 90 years experience making uniforms of the highest quality. It all comes together in garments that deliver superior protection, comfort, and durability to today’s Public Safety Professional.
One of the first manufacturers in public safety to produce seam-sealed waterproof / breathable garments, Gerber has also lead the way in Blood-Borne Pathogen protection. They’ve been manufacturing BBP-protective garments that are ASTM F1671 tested and NFPA 1999 certified for over 18 years. And Gerber Outerwear has made ANSI 107 High-Visibility garments for more than a decade.
Certified Gerber products qualify for Federal & State Grants as PPE. For organizations that meet the requirements, Gerber’s NFPA 1999, 2008 Edition certified and ANSI 107-2004 compliant garments may qualify for grant programs that can make them available at little or no cost.
Gerber Outerwear satisfies Public Safety Professionals with advantages like these:
- High performance Waterproof / Breathable laminated shell fabrics
- Fully sealed seams to keep out the elements
- Double stitching, safety stitching, and bar tacking for exceptional durability
- YKK Zippers & other top quality hardware for reliability and ease of use
- 3M® Scotchlite™ Reflective Materials
- Thinsulate®, ThermaGuard®, and Polar® Fleece Thermal Liners
- A Five-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- More experience, more know-how…manufacturing uniforms since 1924
GET THE RIGHT FIT!
- Short: 5'-5'6" (1" shorter)
- Regular: 5'7"-6'00"
- Long: 6'1"+ (1" longer)